Of all the threats to keep the doors of your business open and operating, mold can be one of the most dangerous and frustrating to deal with. Mold contamination leads to serious health problems and structural issues, especially when left unaddressed. If given a long enough time frame, mold can spread far from where it initially entered your building – even if you’ve cleaned the surfaces where mold appears.
To prevent commercial mold damage, ServiceMaster Restore by GM is by your side. Using a methodical and systematic approach, our team of expert commercial mold damage technicians identifies the source of the mold growth and helps eliminate mold from your working environment. Our commercial restoration experts have encountered countless mold contamination problems and are fully equipped to assist you with the most comprehensive mold removal. Using the most advanced tools and time-tested processes, we’ll ensure the problem is fully taken care of so that you can focus on what you do best.
Let’s take a look at the most common signs of mold damage, health and structural problems associated with mold growth, how to prevent mold growth, and how ServiceMaster Restore by GM can provide the most effective professional mold damage services to restore your property.
What Are the Signs of Mold Damage?
Mold is a common type of fungus that is found just about everywhere on the planet. Coming in a wide variety of forms, the presence of mold can be visually detected as black-, purple-, or orange-colored patches on surfaces.
When mold settles in and begins to multiply, some of its spores become airborne. In small quantities, mold spores are not harmful. However, when these mold spores find organic material that supports good growth, the spore attaches to a surface and starts to propagate. As the colony expands, spores at the edges break off and return to the air.
As the quantity of these airborne spores increases, it increases the likelihood that the fungus enters your body through your lungs. A serious mold invasion will affect air quality and could eventually cause your employees or clients to become seriously ill.
That being said, mold damage can be hidden and often goes undetected. If you have had any of the following issues recently, your business could be at risk for mold damage:
- Flooding or water damage
- Leaks in or around the building (ie. burst pipes, leaking HVAC systems)
- Musty odors in the building
- Discoloration or water stains on the walls or ceilings
Health Problems Caused By Mold
If your business is contaminated with mold, all molds have the potential to cause side effects:
- Breathing difficulties
- Skin irritation
- Moderate to severe allergic reactions
- Aggravation of asthma symptoms
- And more
Structural Mold Damage to Your Business
Mold growth has the capacity to cause massive structural damage to the materials they grow on throughout your property. Some of the most common areas of mold infestation include:
- HVAC systems
- Furnishings and more
Preventing Mold Growth
If you’re worried about mold growth, the following steps can help prevent it from becoming a problem (especially if you catch it early):
- Adding exhaust fans to your cleaning equipment speeds up the drying process after using lots of water or liquid cleaners.
- Wipe down surfaces to pick up more mold spores instead of dusting or vacuuming.
- Inexpensive cleaning products that use bleach or baking soda are effective ways to stop mold growth before it begins.
- Reusable mop heads can also become traps for mold, so be sure to thoroughly wash, sanitize, and dry them between uses to prevent the buildup of mold between the strings of the mop.
- Wipe up any condensation around poorly insulated doors and windows to prevent the start of mold from traveling on the window frame or wallboard.
- Using a UV light can kill mold in an unoccupied room. However, be sure to not use it in a space where there are plants or animals.
- Sanitize the drains and gutters inside and outside your property with an annual treatment to minimize the amount of mold living.
Our Mold Inspection & Removal Process
ServiceMaster Restore by GM provides commercial mold damage removal services that are sure to get you back on track. Including:
- First, we assess the damage in and around your property.
- Second, we’ll work with you to create a comprehensive mold remediation plan unique to your needs for mold damage removal and restoration.
- Next, we’ll begin work and keep you informed every step of the way.
- Once completed, we’ll provide a final walkthrough to inform of you of the work completed, potential mold hazards in the future, and steps you can take as needed.
If you suspect or are unsure if your business is contaminated by mold, ServiceMaster Restore by GM works with nationally recognized testing facilities to provide comprehensive mold inspection, laboratory analysis, and comprehensive remediation plans. With this attention to detail, we can identify and eliminate the source of what has caused the mold once and for all.
Turn to the Experts at ServiceMaster by GM
Ready to get rid of the mold damage in your business once and for all? Contact the commercial mold damage experts at ServiceMaster Restore by GM today for a prompt assessment, accurate quote, and the fastest remediation services available.